Gene Meltser’s Immigration Blog

Keeping You Updated on US Immigration Law


A combined employment authorization document and advance parole travel document is now available to certain applicants for employment-based or family-based adjustment of status.  Certain applicants for employment-based or family-based adjustment of status to permanent residence will now be able to apply for a single card that combines the employment authorization document (EAD) and the advance parole (AP) travel document, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services have announced. To be eligible for the combined document, applicants must submit a Form I-765 application for employment authorization and a Form I-131 application for advance parole at the same time. The two forms can be submitted with a Form I-485 application for adjustment of status or after the adjustment application has been filed. Adjustment applicants are not required to seek the combined document. USCIS will continue to issue EADs and advance paroles separately.


February 18, 2011 Posted by | Immigration Law | Leave a comment